Book Tour: The Horde Without End by Nazarea Andrews!

Title: The Horde Without End 
Series: The World Without A Future #2
Author: Nazarea Andrews
Source: ARC from PR

Buy Links:
AMAZON|B&N
It was supposed to be over…

Returning from Haven 18 was supposed to be the end. But nothing is ever easy—and in a world full of zombies, finding the missing is next to impossible. There are breadcrumbs. Tiny clues. But what are a few tiny clues in a world of the dead? 

Nurrin is desperate to find her brother, but that will mean trusting Finn O’Malley. A man shrouded in secrets, who kills as easily as breathing. And the more she learns about him, the more questions she has. But she has learned one thing—the zombies are changing. Adapting. And this time, the Haven walls won’t keep them out.
I think this book is more correctly placed on the Adult category. The nature of the love scenes is for Adult books. Or so I think.

Ever since I watched Dawn of the Dead, I’ve been obsessed with everything zombie. My favorite zombie movie is I Am Legend, my fave game is Left4Dead2 and my fave TV show is The Walking Dead. So you might have a pretty clear idea on how I really like zombie entertainment. Zombies as we know, eats flesh and when you get bitten you’ll turn into one.

I really disliked the i-don’t-answer-questions-from-Nurrin attitude of Finn. I understand why he couldn’t – wouldn’t answer some of her questions but some of it is crucial for the knowledge of the readers as well. I guess in the long run, it’ll uncover itself. I don’t know Finn’s exact age but I’m guessing he’s around mid-30s? I think it was mentioned that he was a teen when the world ended and add in 20 years after – which was the year the book started- so I concluded that he is way too old for Nurrin. Correct me if I’m wrong but that’s like around 15 years of age difference. I think, he’s as old as her brother. Not to mention, the way he treats her is bordering cruel. Finn will definitely not make my Book Boyfriend List.

The beginning of the novel was a bit confusing even though I’ve read the 1st book recently. It should’ve included a brief introduction on what happened with the 1st book. Also, it made it difficult to get used to the term ‘Walkers’ because we all know that it’s another term for zombies. From the first to the second, it wasn’t explained what were the terms The Order, Firsts, First Day, Third Day etc means.

The political structure of the new world got me pretty intrigued. It was confusing at first but gradually became clear. I honestly think that even after the Infects overtook most of the world, the politicians will still rise and reestablish the hierarchy in the society (what’s left of it anyway). The mysteries kept on coming. Some questions have been answered but were replaced by a new set of queries that keeps the story interesting. Dustin is one of the characters I wish I could explore more. He was a loyal best friend to Nurrin. I really liked him as a lover to her too. The ending was something I didn’t anticipate. It was both saddening and exciting. I’m afraid to continue on what might happen to them but at the same time excited to see what will take place next.

THE HORDE WITHOUT END continues the story of Nurrin and Finn’s journey to find Collin and to discover a way to survive a world where the zombies are adapting. The ending? Unexpectedly shocking.

Terms (from what I understand)
Havens – Walled fortresses of humans to keep infects out.
Walkers – People who guards the Havens from infects and also screens newcomers.
ERI-Milan – The cure for a disease created by Sylvia that mutated into a virus.
Nazarea Andrews is an avid reader and tends to write the stories she wants to read. She loves chocolate and coffee almost as much as she loves books, but not quite as much as she loves her kids. She lives in south Georgia with her husband, daughters, and overgrown dog. She is the author of Girl Lost, Edge of the Falls, andThe University of Branton  Series.

No comments :

Post a Comment