Liebster Award!

First and for most, I would like to thank Talitha @ Victorian Soul Critiques for nominating this blog of Liebster Award!

I have been informed by Talitha that the Liebster Award is something bloggers pass on. You can pass it on to bloggers you like or a fan of. I've also researched about it and this is what I found out:
  • This award exists only on the internet, and is given to bloggers by other bloggers.
  • It has German origins – the word “liebster” has several definitions: dearest, sweetest, kindest, nicest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, welcome, sweetheart and boyfriend (really?)
  • It follows similar principles as a chain letter, in the sense that it should be passed forward to a certain number of people.
  • It can be misconstrued, depending upon your personal views, as either something wonderful (who doesn’t like awards?) or as an annoyance (a chain letter that involves work).
  • The choice lies within each of us to ACCEPT it, and continue PAYING IT FORWARD or to refuse to accept it, thereby STOPPING or INTERRUPTING the chain. However, if you stop the chain, you are only hurting yourself (keep reading for benefits you will have)!
  • Personal views play an important part in our choice to participate. Some people have refused to accept it and have made attempts to “break the chain”. There have been many people who have been nominated, yet refused to accept it, and now their blogs have been abandoned.
  • Variations have been made over time to the “rules”.
  • Marketing plays a role in accepting this award, as other bloggers are promoted. (This is not a bad thing, however, since people should help others!)
  • Other awards are a part of the whole “meme“. These include “One Lovely Blog Award”, the “Sunshine Blog Award” and the “Versatile Writer Award”. 

(source: x)

Well, here are the rules:
  • List 11 facts about yourself.
  • Answer the 11 questions asked by whoever nominated you.
  • Nominate 9 bloggers with less than 300 followers and leave them a comment saying they've been nominated.
  • Ask 11 new questions for your chosen nominees.
  • You cannot re-nominate the blog that nominated you.

11 Facts About The Undomestic Fangirl & The Daydreamer Reader!

The Undomestic Fangirl
1. I'm 20 years old and I would like to stay that way.
2. I consider myself a frustrated artist.
3. My dream is to become either a special effects make-up artist in a famous TV show like The Walking Dead, a writer of Young Adult or New Adult series or a host of a travel show.
4. I am currently writing a YA fan fiction.
5. I can't go on a day without reading. Ever. or I'll go crazy.
6. I make fan arts and graphics. Mostly about books and TV shows I love.
7. I have green hair. Well, half of it anyway.
8. Matt Bomer is my boyfriend. (And yes, I know.)
9. Jennifer Lawrence is my parabatai.
10. I am obsessed with nail art and I think good nail polishes are overpriced.
11. I'm a feminist. Which means, I like book heroines to be bad-ass and strong-willed.

 
The Daydreamer Reader
1. I'm a fourth year college student in a university here in the Philippines
2. I write novels and one-shot stories.
3. I like to take long walks. 
4. Cheesecake is the way for me to be your friend. 
5. I like listening to cover artists more than the original ones. 
6. I have a huge crush on Jesse McCartney (who hasn't staged a concert yet in the Philippines, mind!)
7. I'm into swimming and badminton and hula hooping. 
8. I love going thru the rain but I hate getting my feet wet when it's pouring outside (especially when I'm wearing shoes) 
9. I like to watch horror movies. 
10. I love hanging out with friends. 
11. I'm a really approachable person, so just approach me (but not in a stalker-like way ;) )

Talitha asked these questions:
1. What is your favorite time of day to read?

TUF: Mostly at night when I'm in bed. But for physical books, I like to read during the day in a peaceful place. 

TDR: I like to read at night. It's where my imagination's at its peak and I can recreate the book's world in my mind. 


2. What makes your favorite book your favorite: the characters, the plot, or something else?

TUF: A huge part is the protagonist. I love bad-ass females who doesn't faint when a boy talks to her. The plot should be unpredictable and it should make me curious on what's going to happen.

TDR: The characters as well as the plot. The characters should feel alive to me. They should also be complex, like they are revealing to me a part of their lives (which is the plot of the story). 



3. What is your favorite dessert?

TUF: My obsession is white chocolate.  

TDR: I like cheesecake so much so now you have to give me one. HOHOHO



4. Do you have a favorite villain? (Literary or otherwise)

TUF: Hmmmm, yes. I tend to like the villain when I don't like the protagonist.

TDR: Yes! 

5. What three books would you bring to a deserted island with you, if you had everything you needed (food, water, shelter, bookshelves, ect.)?

TUF: This is really hard. I think i'll bring...Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide (it might help me survive), Vampire Academy, and Can You Keep A Secret? (So I can laugh when I need one).

TDR: GAH, only three books?? I'd bring Time Traveler's Wife (provided I have tissue on the island as well), Life, the Truth and Being Free (by Steve Maraboli) and Maybe Someday (by Colleen Hoover). 

6. Which book do you consider underrated and under-read (people don't read it as much)?

TUF: I can name lots. Anyway, Vampire Academy and many more.

TDR: Guitar Notes by Mary Amato. It's a really good read because for me, the characters have really grown and changed and developed relationships along the way. 

7. If you could travel to another universe (bookish or otherwise), would you stay here or go?

TUF: ABSOLUTELY GO. Why would I stay here in this boring norm world? lol. Even if I have to change gender to travel in any book universe I'll accept. 

TDR:  I would go to Harry Potter's world because seriously, who wouldn't?

8. If you could travel back in time once, where would you go, and what would you do?

TUF: Nah. Going back in time will just complicate things. It will make you think of 'What Ifs' and make you regret everything because you can redo it. So i'll just be contented on what I've done and what I have.

TDR: If I could travel back in time, I'd go back to WWII. I want to be there as a medic, saving people's lives. 

9. Is there a book you think is over-hyped (a lot of people like it, but you don't)?

TUF: MANY. But I'll go with Fifty Shades of Grey because...

TDR: Yes! The Fifty Shades trilogy (fans don't eat me please!). It's like Twilight + BDSM. 

10. If you could meet any author (living or dead), who would you meet, and why?

TUF: Richelle Mead and Suzanne Collins! Because it would be a dream come true.

TDR: I would like to meet Colleen Hoover, Mitch Albom, Stephanie Perkins, Rainbow Rowell, Steve Maraboli, and Nicholas Sparks!

11. Do you judge a book by its cover?

TUF: Honestly, sometimes. I have in the past but I've learned not to.

TDR: There are times, yes. 


Questions for Our Nominees:
1. Name your top three phobias.
2. What do you wish you could say you discovered (thing/place/person)?
3. From all the books you've read, which is your least favorite? Why?
4. You are the judge for the coolest book ever written, what book would get the award? Why?
5. If you could choose one character from a book who would come here into our world, who would it be?
6. Name the top three dream jobs you'd like to have.
7. If you had a shot at being in the front page of every newspaper or magazine in the world, what would be your favored headline?
8. If you could write out the rest of your life, what would happen this year?
9. One day, you suddenly woke up and found that you were a Hollywood celebrity. What is the first thing you will do?
10. If you were invisible for a day, what would you do?
11. What invention would you like to offer to the world today?

2 comments :

  1. Thank you. How funny, usually we are the ones who copy US stuff. "Liebster" really means sweetheart :)
    I'm going to check out the other blogs you nominated!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're German? Cool! Thanks for the info! ;)

    ReplyDelete