The Proverbial Mr. Universe by Maria La Serra Tour!



The Proverbial Mr. Universe by Maria La Serra 
Publication date: June 27th 2016
Genres: Contemporary, New Adult, Romance


Dear girl with the red scarf, 
Love was never meant to be conquered; 
you have to surrender to it. 
Trust me. After all, I am Mr. Universe.

When the universe conveys a message, you listen.

Olivia Montiano just caught her fiancé cheating. Now she is forced to question what she wants out of life and love. Striving to live up to her father’s unrealistic standards for the past twenty-three years, every decision she has ever made was with her father’s wishes in mind—until she finds mysterious, handwritten letters tucked away in places only meant for her. That’s when she realizes she’s been on the wrong path all along and gives her heart to a guy her father thinks is entirely wrong.

Washed-up abstract artist Nick Montgomery has had quite a few setbacks in life. He’s become accustomed to never needing anyone, thinking he’s just fine—until he meets the girl with the red scarf. She’s not his type. But the universe has other ideas. Nick has a secret he’s keeping from her, afraid it will bring their new relationship to a sudden halt.

Will they figure out what the universe holds for them?


Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/29532225-the-proverbial-mr-universe

Purchase:
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/PROVERBIAL-MR-UNIVERSE-Maria-Serra-ebook/dp/B01EKNN748
B&N: http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/the-proverbial-mruniverse-maria-la-serra/1123934224?ean=9780995097919





To put it simply, The cover intrigued me. Then, the synopsis won me over to reading it. The very first chapter hooked me and by the middle of the book, I fell in love.
And seriously, where can I get my very own Mr. Universe??

Characters Olivia Montano and Nick Montgomery were dealt with quite bad cards by fate. One learned how to deal while the other learned how to just go through the motions. When their paths crossed, would their destinies align or would fate deal them another rough one?

If there is one thing I felt throughout the book, it is love. Guh, I sound like an emotional sap but hey, a good book does bring that out of me. One thing that I liked about this book are the characters. They're flawed, they make rash decisions, they hurt, they hope, they love. It was never a "Bam! One moment we're not, another, we're now together" kind of story. The characters came to grow, with each other and by themselves. They learned a lot together and even when they're apart. The story gave quite a feel of believing destiny, when to let go and when to fight for what you care about. But totally sold me are the letters by Mr. Universe himself such as the one found in the synopsis. To me, it felt like I was reading one made by my Mr. Universe, wherever he may be. Those letters were a source of strength for Olivia, and can be one to the reader as well.

Soooo.. Can I get my physical copy of the book now?
Is it available anywhere now?
I am willing to pay the exorbitant tax fees in our country just to get a copy!




Maria La Serra, a fashion designer, turned writer, lives in Montreal with her husband and two children. She will try everything at least once, except for skiing, hiking or camping-okay anything relating to activities done in the great outdoors. The Proverbial Mr. Universe is her first novel.

Author links:
https://maria-laserra.com/
https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/15089882.Maria_La_Serra
https://www.facebook.com/authormarialaserra/
https://twitter.com/@authormlaserra/


No comments :

Post a Comment